CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22, 2010

Hey,
I received your letter this past week. The story you sent me about the earthquake in Chile is what the Sis. in the ward sent me. It was pretty cool. I sent some pic. of the last two baptisms and my companions and a little of Chelan and Manson. If you want to send some pics of the wedding that would be cool. I also received your box and Elder Ubeda is enjoying the food, and so am I.
This Saturday we will have two baptisms. Their are two little girls Diosy who is ten, and Perla who just turned nine. I don't know why Perla didn't get baptized because her parents are faithful members, but that's ok with me we get to help. We might get Angel as well, he is eight and is Diosy's brother. But Their dad doesn't want them to be baptized unless they know what they are doing. He has good intentions but he isn't a member so he can't see the whole picture. Elder Ubeda will baptized Diosy and Perla will be baptized by her dad. I am really excited that Elder Ubeda will do it because he needs that to start his mission right.
I have thought of what I want to do. I will work with dad when I get back but not sure how long or what will happen.I want to work because of all the things that I hear about the economy, I don't know what will happen. I'm also excited to learn more words and phrases in Spanish. All I do is talk about the gospel. I can talk about other things but I'm not too comfortable. I mean that instead of talking about how Christ can, and is our savior for two years, then start talking about plants and work it will be hard and new things to learn. Are any of the Hispanics that I know still their? Are you still running two crews?
When General Conference happens will be the end of the transfer. And then I will start my last one. I'm excited to be here in Chelan this will be a great place to come and visit. The lake here is really clean and their are some fun things to do. Their are also some good members to visit again. But I am a little hesitant because it's been so long since I have been in those areas.
Well my time is almost up and I need to go but I thank you for the box and the letters you send. Also for all your prayers. If you could while you pray for me, pray specifically for us that we can make a branch. Do this in all the prayers that you do. This can really help us accomplish our goals and finish my mission well.
Love Elder Garrett

0 comments: