CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 29, 2010

Hey,
I was looking forward to a letter this past week, but I just read your letter and it said that you sent a box for Easter. My companion is really excited because he likes the treats. Camille sent me a letter with a picture and when Elder Ubeda was taking a nap today I drew one. I sent it to them so when they get it you will need to look at it.
This past Saturday we had a baptism. Elder Ubeda baptized Diocelina Cervantes. It was a really great service. We had all the Spanish members come and support. Their was about 20 of us their, and the service only lasted about 1/2 an hour. I was one of the witnesses because Bishop wanted me to make sure that the prayer was said right because it was in Spanish. It was really funny because Bro. Raab filled up the font for us and the way he did it wasn't unusual. Because when Elder Ubeda and Diocelina went into the water they made some funny faces. The water was really hot. Their was a little bit of steam coming of the surface of the water. Usually the water is warm and not hot.
Then yesterday we confirmed her Elder Ubeda was the one who confirmed her. It was good for him he has only been out for 4 months. He is also old, He told me that he is twenty seven years old. He came out late because it took him awhile to loose weight. But he is a great example for others and to me. His love for the savior and to do what is right is really helping him become better.
In the last interviews we had with president he asked me if their was anything else that I wanted to talk about. I told him that it is very rare to hear that your cousin is in the same mission as me, and that it would be really neat if we could be companions. And Pre. Palmer said that he was thinking of that the transfer before. He was going to take me to him on the English side, I am thankful that he didn't because I like the Spanish people. Then I said to him since this area has in the past and right now an English and Spanish elder that it would be possible for Elder Peterson to come to me. He asked if it would be alright if an elder who doesn't know Spanish to come. I said it has been done before. Then he said he would pray about it. So this upcoming Sunday we will get our calls and see what happens.
After General Conference we get to take our coats off, I am looking forward to that because it is getting really hot up her. We are in the mid 50's during the day. not too hot but when we are out and about it get pretty hot.
I also asked if Brandon could come and pick me up in his airplane but the church doesn't like that idea. So sorry, I will have to come home the normal way. I should be getting my flight planes soon to tell me what time. I'm pretty sure that they will send you one too. They send the first one which gives you and idea of the time then they send a second one that has the for sure time.
Well I'm surprised that I wrote so much. However my time is up and I will write next week. But make sure you pray specifically for us that we can get a Spanish branch going.
Love Elder Garrett

0 comments: