CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 16, 2010

April 12, 2010

Hey,
Today is my birthday and in a couple of week I will be able to call and talk to you all. I am really excited to talk to you again, but as long as you don't cry (mom). I am also really excited because bishop vanderholm has told us that on the ninth of may we will begin a branch. I really hope all goes to plan and we will be able to start with a big group. We have about ten that come regularly. We also have some great investigators that have potential to being baptized.
We will have a baptism this up coming Saturday if all goes to plan. Her dad was supposed to get the priesthood to be an elder to confirm his daughter, but didn't show up to church. I really hope we can help her get going. We also have another guy on date for the first of may. I really hope that we can help him quite drinking and start being an example to his family.
My new companion is from ceder city Utah. He just came from the MTC. His spanish is very good. He can almost teach a whole lesson by himself. I remember when I first came out I could barly testify. He is really excited to be here which was a relif because having a companion that doesn't want to do any thing is not fun. He likes the opera and can play the piano very well. He came from a family of ten kids. Five grils and five boys. I am excited to serve with him.
Last night we gave away a Thai book of mormon. It was cool but hard, we were helping this guy quite smoking and his wife is a native and she can speak english but not very well. She said she would read it so we will see what happens.
Well my time is up and i need to go but will hear from you soon.
Love Elder Garrett

0 comments: